Skip to main content

No Blog Special, BUT...a Special Article!

Believe It or Not: Words & Their Effect

When I was a child, there was a show that my family and I loved to watch called, “Ripley’s Believe It or Not” where it showcased scientific marvels, interesting facts in history, and, sometimes, just fun, outrageous stories to excite and amaze its viewers. Well, I recently read an article that I thought would have fit right in with this show called, “Miraculous Messages from Water: How Water Reflects Our Consciousness.” It’s about an experiment conducted by a Japanese scientist where he tested to see the effect of words/thoughts on water. Sounding crazy already, lol? Well, read on as it gets even more interesting as he’s got pictures to prove it…

To give a VERY general overview of his experiment (*Click here to see the entire article), he has done experiments on the effect of spoken AND written words on water as well as music. I’m just going to share with you some of the pictures of what I found most interesting of the resulting images of the water crystals formed from this exposure to both negative and positive stimuli.

Before I go any further, please know that I am NOT here to debate the validity or go into the full scientific and spiritual nature of this experiment so don’t worry about sending any emails to tell me I’m wrong/nuts, lol! Although I would love for the data in this experiment to be wholly true, I would have to see the experiment in person myself to really be a believer. I just think this is interesting "food for thought" and something we can all ponder and take with us the positive message that I hope it conveys.

In this first picture, the words spoke to the water were
“You make me sick, I’m going to kill you.”


Hmmm…I think that would be a picture of how I would feel on the inside if someone were to tell me that!

The next picture had “Thank You” written on a card placed onto the bottle containing the water:


A fluke you may say? Well here is one that I found most interesting; this is a picture of water crystals before it was prayed over:


Here is the picture of the same water crystals AFTER it was prayed over:


Pretty fascinating, huh? Those are only a few photos from his experiment. (Again, click on the article above to see more and to get more of the scientific explanation as it is quite a lot of info and I’m trying to keep the info here as succinct as possible.)

So how does this relate to our Defining True Beauty blog? Well, for you customers who have shopped our products before, you know that all the eyeshadows, blushes, and foundations are named a positive trait that helps to remind us of that inner beauty we possess.

But…WOW…what if it can also have a physical effect on us and truly transform us into something more harmonious and attractive like the ice crystals above? After all, our bodies are 90% water, right? It also makes you think twice about putting on a color with a less than positive or risqué name—unless that is the attitude you are going for, lol!

I know for me, the main moral of this story is just the importance of positive and beautiful thoughts and prayers, especially those of love and gratitude (which Dr. Marumo said has the most significant effect on water). Even if all this turns out to be some scientific scam or an overly biased research project, I don’t think anyone can argue the effects on our own hearts and minds when we hear or feel things that are encouraging and optimistic. For me, I love that our foundation names are virtues like Grace or Peace; if your face is literally covered in one of those virtues, it makes a good reminder to stop yourself from saying something rash before you get angry with someone. I know for me, just naming my company “adorned with Grace” reminds me every time to extend that same blessed grace to my own customers and to treat you all with as much love and fairness as possible.

Although this isn't the usual "Blog Special" I usually post here around this time (the Blog Special will be back next week, we're taking a break from them this week) I hope you all still found it "special" and enjoyed my thoughts for the day! I hope to follow it up with more interesting and informative articles I the future!

Popular posts from this blog

 I had no idea it would be so challenging. You would think that I could just “pick up” where we left off with adorned with Grace, but the market has changed pretty significantly in 10 years! I do not remember having to work so hard making the products and on the website many years ago. The latter has been especially difficulty—but…I think I had a bit of writer’s block when trying to get everything jump started. I realized that in continuing adorned with Grace, I felt important to clarify to myself what adorned with Grace would be. Back then, it started as a creative outlet for me, to make cosmetics for hard-to-match skin tones like mine, and to promote true beauty ideas for a positive influence in the world. All still true, of course! But before I could go any further, I felt impressed to elaborate on our values and mission, so this is what I wrote down last week: *To be a light to those in darkness who are held down from their true identity in God. *To unite women and model how we...
  Where have we been you may ask? Yes, for a while there were were great at posting to our social media on Instagram & Facebook ! However, the last few weeks have been super busy as we have been producing the new Foundations, Powders, Blush, and (starting today) our Eyeshadows. And at the beginning of the month, Texas has its worst snowstorm in 20 years so needless to sale we were quite a bit distracted then! However we have not forgotten about you all and hope you all have been able to Share and purchase some of this older stock on Clearance prices.😀 Remember, if there was a certain color you liked from our prior store, try to grab one now as we are not only repackaging our products but having to reformulate most of it! Being almost 10 years away, some colorants are no longer available OR have gone up considerably in price, causing us to find a substitute to make a color most similar to the prior.   And speaking of price, we desire to still price fairly but know th...

Clearance Store Officially Open!

It is official! We have reopened with our previous stock! Some important things to note: *For a “fuller” view of the website (as in picture below) you can choose the Desktop version vs. Mobile version if you are in your phone. *We have set our site to accept  USA orders only .  HOWEVER, if you are from another country that we used to ship to email us @ adorned_with_grace@yahoo.com and we may be able to work something out. *There is a shipping charge for USA orders depending on weight. However, if your order totals over $35 we will manually refund your shipping charge! If you do not see it refunded, please email or message us so we can take care of it. *Unfortunately, although you may read in some of the separate Product Description to try our $1 samples, since this is the Clearance stock, we will not have samples you can try before you buy since we do not really have additional stock to make up any more samples. We also cannot take any refunds should you not be happy. Sorry!...