Skip to main content

Sneak Peak of the new Shimmer Blushes/Glows

Just to give you all an idea of what you'll be getting when you spend over $17 (until this Friday afternoon that is), here is an arm swatch picture of all the colors of the new blushes that will be available at the end of this month.

FYI, you may need to click on the picture to get a larger view:

I started out formulating these with the idea of glows or all over face colors most similar to Bare Minerals' line. I remember when I used to wear BE and how much I liked Clear Radiance although I wished it was just a little more suited for my golden olive skintone. I recently got to try BE's "True" & "Glee" and was wowed by those as well. I love the light infusion of color that blushes of this type deliver when I want a fuss-free application and a natural look.

For those of you that have tried my blushes, I have formulated most of those pretty well pigmented simply because I like a blush that lasts and not having to use a lot of product at once. I also don't add a whole lot of shimmer to them (with an exception of Breathtaking and Illuminated) because I prefer a more natural "skin-like" sheen. These, however, are not quite as pigmented (although it would be a stretch to call them "Glows" as most of them are still pretty rich in color) but have a beautiful sparkly, some pearly finish that is meant to add highlights to your skin and/or give a youthful glow. Now I don't think you can see the "sparklies" in the picture above very well, but they are there! As I've mentioned before, I am horrible with arm swatches and photos I take always seem to look washed out and everything looks better in person.

Just a run down on the colors:

Ardent: A warm terracotta.

Audacious: A fun purple based pink.

Dazzling: A more beige and lighter version of Illuminated and with less "flyaway" sparkles.

Fascinating: A stunning medium golden brown. My favorite out of the bunch (I wear Grace 4.0) and I love it both as an all over wash for my eyes and a complexion enhancer to give me more of a dewy glow.


Glamorous: A golden apricot with golden shimmer. I think this is my favorite of all the peachy blushes I have ever formulated.

Lovely: A well pigmented rosy pink.

Tenderness: A fleshy pink with just a hint of glow.

Sensational: A very rich coppery bronze shimmer. (Ladies with medium to darker complexions, this is for you!)

I actually might be adding a couple more shades to the list if I get a chance. If not when I release these, soon after. But do be looking for these by the end of this month! I'll make sure to post here when they are up!

Oh, and FYI for some of you that tested some of these for me, there are only four colors out of the 10-14 that made it into this line up "as is." There were a few that were reformulated to improved the finish/tone but feel free to email me if you were looking for a certain one. There are some I just could not reformulate as I realized I used a non-lip safe ingredient (ultramarines) and I just could not come up with an identical color. But it is very important for me that they are lip safe so they can also be used as a lip color if needed.

Popular posts from this blog

 I had no idea it would be so challenging. You would think that I could just “pick up” where we left off with adorned with Grace, but the market has changed pretty significantly in 10 years! I do not remember having to work so hard making the products and on the website many years ago. The latter has been especially difficulty—but…I think I had a bit of writer’s block when trying to get everything jump started. I realized that in continuing adorned with Grace, I felt important to clarify to myself what adorned with Grace would be. Back then, it started as a creative outlet for me, to make cosmetics for hard-to-match skin tones like mine, and to promote true beauty ideas for a positive influence in the world. All still true, of course! But before I could go any further, I felt impressed to elaborate on our values and mission, so this is what I wrote down last week: *To be a light to those in darkness who are held down from their true identity in God. *To unite women and model how we...
  Where have we been you may ask? Yes, for a while there were were great at posting to our social media on Instagram & Facebook ! However, the last few weeks have been super busy as we have been producing the new Foundations, Powders, Blush, and (starting today) our Eyeshadows. And at the beginning of the month, Texas has its worst snowstorm in 20 years so needless to sale we were quite a bit distracted then! However we have not forgotten about you all and hope you all have been able to Share and purchase some of this older stock on Clearance prices.😀 Remember, if there was a certain color you liked from our prior store, try to grab one now as we are not only repackaging our products but having to reformulate most of it! Being almost 10 years away, some colorants are no longer available OR have gone up considerably in price, causing us to find a substitute to make a color most similar to the prior.   And speaking of price, we desire to still price fairly but know th...

Clearance Store Officially Open!

It is official! We have reopened with our previous stock! Some important things to note: *For a “fuller” view of the website (as in picture below) you can choose the Desktop version vs. Mobile version if you are in your phone. *We have set our site to accept  USA orders only .  HOWEVER, if you are from another country that we used to ship to email us @ adorned_with_grace@yahoo.com and we may be able to work something out. *There is a shipping charge for USA orders depending on weight. However, if your order totals over $35 we will manually refund your shipping charge! If you do not see it refunded, please email or message us so we can take care of it. *Unfortunately, although you may read in some of the separate Product Description to try our $1 samples, since this is the Clearance stock, we will not have samples you can try before you buy since we do not really have additional stock to make up any more samples. We also cannot take any refunds should you not be happy. Sorry!...