Skip to main content

Sneak Peak: Summer 2009 LE

Before I close up for the weekend, I wanted to leave you all with a quick pic of swatches I did of the upcoming Summer LE! These colors will likely be on the website for sale by Tuesday afternoon (along with a Blog Special!) unless I have Internet issues or similar emergencies.

**Of course, these are much prettier in person--you see more of the "glow"
which my pathetic camera just does not seem to capture. :P

Descriptions:

Auspicious: A rich metallic brownish red. A striking eyeliner and made to pair with Conscientious.
Chivalrous: A neutral beige highlight or base color.
Classy: A sheer neutral golden tan shimmer.
Clever: A plummy taupe similar to our color Romantic but less pink and has more of a wet-sheen.
Confident: Optimistic's shimmery sister--has lots pretty golden highlights!
Conscientious: A beautiful metallic pink.
Heroic: A shimmery copper brown.
Intriguing: MY FAVORITE! It's like looking a a dark chocolate fudge with mint sparkles. I love wearing with over black eyeliner. I'm sure it would look stunning as a crease/contour look if you want a rich color. The picture above does not do it justice, as with all the others, but this one in particular.
Invincible: Inspired by my favorite MAC Fluidline, Blitz and Glitz. It is a soft black with light golden shimmer. A good switch from your typical "very black" eyeliner shades for the summer since it will look much softer; it may take on a more intense look though if wet-lined.
Perceptive: A color for a sun goddess! A bronzey terracotta made to pair with Sympathetic.
Sagacious: An antiqued deep golden brown. Another favorite of mine.
Sensible: A baby doll pink with golden undertones.
Sympathetic: A peachy pink with golden undertones.

FYI, I crafted these colors around my own makeup habits for the summer. I tend to wear a little less makeup partly because I do tend to have more color (the sun is strong here in Mississippi!) and I like colors that are more of a complement--hence all the bronzey, sultry, and golden-tinged shades-- than anything noticeably colorful as you saw with my Spring LE. You'll find these colors can be multi-purpose and use them for eyes, cheeks, and lips (with an exception of Chivalrous with has trace amounts of Ultramarines which the FDA requires us to label a product as "Not Lip Safe").

Unlike my other collections, this is actually two sets--one set is from my regular formula (Classy, Clever, Intriguing, Perceptive, Sensible, & Sympathetic) and the other is made with my Premium formula (Auspicious, Chivalrous, Confident, Conscientious, Heroic, Inspiring, & Sagacious). Some colors turned out better with a certain formula and what can I say--I just got carried away formulating these as I did NOT mean to make this many ha ha!!! So there will be a price difference a la carte (i.e. if you buy only one) but if you get my famous duo sets or the whole collections sets, it will still be a pretty good savings.

**So don't forget, check these out June 23/24 and if you want anymore of the Spring 2009 LE colors, grab them this weekend as I will take them off the site around the time I put up the Summer LEs! Some of these colors will be gone for GOOD as we'll be unable to replicate them!

Have a good weekend everyone! And don't forget this is Father's Day weekend; make sure to shower the special man in your life with lots of love and attention!!!

Popular posts from this blog

 I had no idea it would be so challenging. You would think that I could just “pick up” where we left off with adorned with Grace, but the market has changed pretty significantly in 10 years! I do not remember having to work so hard making the products and on the website many years ago. The latter has been especially difficulty—but…I think I had a bit of writer’s block when trying to get everything jump started. I realized that in continuing adorned with Grace, I felt important to clarify to myself what adorned with Grace would be. Back then, it started as a creative outlet for me, to make cosmetics for hard-to-match skin tones like mine, and to promote true beauty ideas for a positive influence in the world. All still true, of course! But before I could go any further, I felt impressed to elaborate on our values and mission, so this is what I wrote down last week: *To be a light to those in darkness who are held down from their true identity in God. *To unite women and model how we...
  Where have we been you may ask? Yes, for a while there were were great at posting to our social media on Instagram & Facebook ! However, the last few weeks have been super busy as we have been producing the new Foundations, Powders, Blush, and (starting today) our Eyeshadows. And at the beginning of the month, Texas has its worst snowstorm in 20 years so needless to sale we were quite a bit distracted then! However we have not forgotten about you all and hope you all have been able to Share and purchase some of this older stock on Clearance prices.😀 Remember, if there was a certain color you liked from our prior store, try to grab one now as we are not only repackaging our products but having to reformulate most of it! Being almost 10 years away, some colorants are no longer available OR have gone up considerably in price, causing us to find a substitute to make a color most similar to the prior.   And speaking of price, we desire to still price fairly but know th...

Clearance Store Officially Open!

It is official! We have reopened with our previous stock! Some important things to note: *For a “fuller” view of the website (as in picture below) you can choose the Desktop version vs. Mobile version if you are in your phone. *We have set our site to accept  USA orders only .  HOWEVER, if you are from another country that we used to ship to email us @ adorned_with_grace@yahoo.com and we may be able to work something out. *There is a shipping charge for USA orders depending on weight. However, if your order totals over $35 we will manually refund your shipping charge! If you do not see it refunded, please email or message us so we can take care of it. *Unfortunately, although you may read in some of the separate Product Description to try our $1 samples, since this is the Clearance stock, we will not have samples you can try before you buy since we do not really have additional stock to make up any more samples. We also cannot take any refunds should you not be happy. Sorry!...